Sunday, January 4, 2009

18. Ghajini (घाजिनी -Hindi -2008)




Director : A. R Murugadoss
Cast: Aamir Khan , Asin Thottungal , Gia Khan

Imagine the things below :
1) - You saw a Hollywood flick and you like it very much.
2)- You make a Tamil film inspired from it and it became super hit.
3)- You dub the the film in to Telugu and there also it became super hit.
4)-Now you get the chance to make - re - make to Hindi.

what would you do?
You will analyze both positive and negative aspects of your film and make sure when you do it for the third time there will wont be any thing at all to improvise.

Well that is what exactly happened with this movie.
This guy called A. R Murugadoss made something which cannot be improvised.

Today onwards there will be a new standard for other actors who want to show their physique onscreen - set by this guy called -Aamir Khan.

Asin was as great as she did in Tamil.
Lets call her Miss.SunShine.
I remember hearing claps for her funny dialogues and acting when I saw the Tamil version years back.
I heard claps for Asin exactly at those scenes - this time- from a Hindi speaking audience.
I think her job was a bit easy because her scenes and dialogues where almost same as the original.

The picturisation of songs was superb.
The picturisation of " Bhekka "song reminded me about some photographs of "Brian F Peterson"


I was scared about the song of Gia Khan. Apparently she replaces NayanThara in this hindi version.
As I mentioned earlier in Ghajini -Tamil - post - Nayan was a pain in my eyes.
[Her name means - Nayan -> Eyes. Thara- Stars.Now you find the rest]
I was wondering what Gia will do for this song as Nayan has not left any stones un turned.

By Gods Grace , the song did not last for 5 mintes as it originally intended.

I missed the final fight scene which was a major plus point in the Tamil version.

Well , the fights looked pretty ordinary compaerd to what Old veterens do there in Tamil.
Still I think it will be a different expereince for North Indian audience.

If people liked something , you can practically do anything.
:)

No comments: