Sunday, January 4, 2009

17. Ghajini (கஜினி - Tamil) - 2005





Director : A.R Murugad0ss
Cast: Surya , Asin Thottungal , NayanThara

This happened to the be the first film that I see in the first day of release.
You can guess how it can be if you ever tried in your college days.

And once I returned home I was sure this is going to make history.
That was almost 4 years back.

Surya was absolutely great with his character.
The dress sense was another great plus .

The fight scene at the last would be a mile stone to the grap

Today I saw the Hindi version of this movie and thought I should recall about this movie.

Well this was a movie that had re-defined the word action in Tamil movie.
You can accuse the director of taking the core concept from the English movie memento.

But apart from the core concept , all the rest is his own creation.
There is one more scene inspired from the Movie - Amelie.


But even that scene fit perfect to the story.
There was wonderful songs , great editing and great stunts.


If there is something I really hate about this movie is - the character of played by NayanThara.
There was a song where she does the equivalent of item number.

I was never been embarrassed before like I felt after watching that song.

If I should make my words polite and graceful I should say -the kind of camera angles experimented in it will be a treasure to the western cameramen who work with adult film industry.




No comments: